Sunday, September 16, 2012

Reading the Tea ~ Tasseography

Tasseography or reading tea leaves is a form of Divination which uses the patterns of tea, coffee or wine sediments to read your future.
Magical tea cups were designed just for this purpose.
Pour a cup without straining, drink an see what shapes and symbols emerge. Some cups have the symbols on the inside of the cups so where the sediment lands that is how you read it.
Although, I am not skilled in tea reading I would love to give it a try. I do read palms though. I first started that in Girl Scout camp when I was 10 learned from my Great Grandma or Busha as I called her.
Here are some wonderful images and photos of fortune tellling tea cups.
Tea cups like these can be found on ebay and etsy and some are expensive. The ones with the Witches are very desireable.

5 comments:

Dede said...

They are very kewl! I only know one lady many moons ago that read tea leaves. Haven't met anyone since her though. Wishing you an awesome Sunday!

(((HUGS)))

Magic Love Crow said...

These tea cups are so cool! I would love to own one. My mom had a tea reading before, but I have never. You read palms? Excellent! Have a great one my friend ;o)

Georgina said...

I recall many years ago, in Mexico City, I went to this small tea/coffee room. I ordered an espresso, sweetened with molasses. The molasses sunk to the base of the cup and after we finished our coffee, we inverted the cup onto the saucer and the proprietor read us our fortune.

About the only thing I remember about that reading was that she told me I would meet a tall, dark, handsome stranger with a mole on his face. Later that week, my friend, her mother and I traveled to Puebla, staying with friend's of her mom, and they had a couple of teenage sons with lots of friends (we were 16 at the time). We were sitting in a large room when the friends arrived and who entered the room, a tall, dark, handsome man with a mole on his face....my friend and I almost died of laughter when he entered...poor thing...he was clueless!!

Anyway, I love the cups you have posted...just lovely and would love to have one, even if I don't have the gift, the cups are very unusual.

Georgina

Jeanne said...

I always wanted to learn how to read tea leaves...I remember an old Aunt of mine used the sediment left from coffee.
I have done some palm reading, but would like to do more. Can you recommend a good book for learning? And I have heard that a persons palm can change over time.....

Guillaume said...

I love the tea cups. I am more of a tea drinker than a tea reader myself.