Sunday, August 19, 2012

Send in the Clowns or Send Them Away

When making this next series of Clowns I had a few interesting memories come to mind. I was thinking about a certain abandoned home from my childhood. The home was off a dirt road called Lone Tree Road. You could not see the home from the road only corn fields. The home was very spooky and said to be haunted. The man who lived and died in the house was a Clown who preformed with the Ringling Brothers Circus. I only went into the home once it was a very short visit!

The song Send in the Clowns was written by Stephen Sondheim in 1973 for the musical A Little Night Music. The song was not actually about clowns but how we as humans can be foolish in life.
The song was made popular by Frank Sinatra and Judy Collins.

Isn't it rich?
Are we a pair?
Me here at last on the ground,
You in mid-air.
Where are the clowns?

Isn't it bliss?
Don't you approve?
One who keeps tearing around,
One who can't move...
Where are the clowns?
Send in the clowns.
          -Stephen Sondheim


Well I think I may have been foolish as a kid to go into that house. The house where the clown lived.
And just maybe these clowns will be adopted and I can send them away!

5 comments:

Knock Knock Street said...

Love your clowns! I think clowns are creepy. My girlfriend was a professional clown. I don't know why she would pick such a thing!
Actually I do know why, she was doing parties. I like clown ornaments but not the human ones!

LLA Creations Art Dolls said...

Clowns are great!

Magic Love Crow said...

Your clowns are cool Becca! That song, send in the clowns, it always made me sad.

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Yeah, I had to comment that song always made me sad too as a young girl! But your clowns are NOT sad, they are CUTE! :o)

Guillaume said...

Clowns are scary.