Monday, December 14, 2009

Magic Mushroom Pinecone Ornaments




Why Magic Mushrooms in Christmas decorations? I did a little digging and this is what I found.

Magic Mushrooms are supposed to bring good luck. I found several vintage postcards of gnomes/elves dancing in the snow with magic mushrooms. These postcards were for Happy New Year and good luck for the New Year.

Some folklore has Santa feeding his reindeer magic mushrooms to aid in flight. This has not been proven but I thought it was very interesting!

So may you all have a very Merry & lucky week!

3 comments:

Sharon Day said...

Love them-especially the pinecone guys!

Brenda LaBell said...

Becca, they are adorable!! I think we all could use a little bit of good luck for the New Year!

Brenda

Dede said...

They are adorable! Love the mushroom on the top of the tree.

(((HUGS)))