Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I Wish you could Smell this Rose!


Does anyone remember Sweet Honesty perfume by Avon? I used to have this as a young girl. This Rose smells just like that perfume. I'm not sure of the name of this Rose. I got it on clearance from Walmart a couple years ago. I think I paid around $2.00 well worth it!


It's said that Goddess of Flowers, Chloris came upon a dead wood nymph in the forest. She was saddened by this. So she asked the other Gods and Goddesses to transform her lifeless body into the Rose. The God of Wine, Dionysus gave the Rose it's Scent and Nectar. The Rose's Beauty came from the Goddess Aphrodite. And the Three Sisters Aglaia, Euphrosyne and Thalia(also know as the Graces) bestowed the gifts of happiness, intelligence, and eternal youth. Chloris bestowed the Rose with a crown of dewdrops and made her The Queen of The Flowers! Fitting for such a beauty! So please stop today and smell the Roses! Yep I'm wearing my rose-colored glasses today!

8 comments:

yoborobo said...

Me, too, Becca! I'll keep my on if you do! :) And one of the best roses I got, I bought from Big Lot for $3. It has orange and yellow striped leaves. I have no idea what it is called - lol! Yours is beautiful, and old-fashioned rose. :)) xox - Pam
PS Please tell your son thank you for me!

magikalseasons said...

That rose sounds lovely. The stripped ones are so beautiful! I'll tell him he's getting some for his b-day. :)

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Your roses must smell so beautiful! I do remember Sweet Honesty - used to wear it a lot. Thanks for including that lovely myth regarding the origin of the rose. Loved it! Theresa

Dede said...

It is a beautiful rose! Just WOW! Hope your meds are making you better. Wishing you a healthy week!

(((HUGS)))

Jeanne said...

What an absolutely gorgeous rose! I love roses. Especially those that are scented.

And thank you for sharing the tale. I had no idea where the rose originated from .....

Sarah Sullivan said...

Feel better Becca...{{{hugs}}}

Sarah Sullivan said...

Oh I loved that...what a beautiful rose...wow! I love the smell of them..the real ones..the fake rose scent..ickkkk.. Beautiful hon:)

Coach Z said...

Beatiful Becca. I loved the lore you included too!!! Health blessings!