Thursday, September 23, 2010

Keep Your Eye On The Prize


Art Prize 2010 has begun in Grand Rapids Michigan. My husband Michael's entry is this beautiful and functional Art Chair sculpture called Fertility. If you are in the Grand Rapids area it is well worth the trip to see some of the most wonderful and innovative works of art shown anywhere in the country! Here's the link if you'd like to take a look. The grand prize is $250,000 which is huge. Last year a beautiful painting of the ocean won.
I'd also like to wish everyone a splendid Autumn which arrived last night. I tried to capture the Harvest Moon but she didn't want to be captured. She was beaming and quite breathtaking!

11 comments:

Malissa said...

He does great work!! That's the coolest chair I've ever seen!

Autumnforest said...

That was beautiful last night in the sky. Your husband should surely win that! Oh my gosh! His work is astonishing. I have a character in one of my novels I'm working on who is a woodworker, making furniture from the vast array of wood in an enchanted forest and his work is much like how your husband's work is, where the wood sort of takes on its own life and he helps expose what was inside there all along. What an interesting and exciting person to be with, who sees the world with such beauty!

magikalseasons said...

Thank you Malissa and Autumn. :) We are hoping he makes the top 100! Tons of really fantastic art there!

Adsila said...

I really love the chair. I hope your hubby wins!

Wendy the (Very) Good Witch said...

So creative and original...just fabulous. Lots of talent in your family! Here's hoping he wins! :o)

Faerie Moon Creations said...

That chair is AMAZING! I sure hope your hubby wins - I wish I were there to see it in person. Much good luck to him! Theresa

The Haven said...

What an amazing chair! Good luck to you both.

Dede said...

His work is fabulous! Wishing him the best of luck in winning!

(((HUGS)))

Ascension said...

Una silla realmente genial y muy original, me encanta.
Feliz fin de semana.
besitos ascension

Suzie said...

When do you find out who won, Becca? If I were judging, he would be handing you a HUGE amount of clay right now that he purchased with at least part of his winnings! lol
His work has always been fantastic, but he just keeps getting better and better.

magikalseasons said...

Thanks Suzie he's not in the top 100. I though he should /would be. He can still win some $ which would be nice. I'd love for him to get a few orders that would be great too! The exposure is fantastic too! :)